Effective Date: July 26th, 2020
For information about your choices we offer in connection with our information practices, please see YOUR CHOICES below.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, update your profile, post a review, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, password, email address, social media user names and handles, postal address, phone number, gender, interests, preferences, payment information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transaction Information: We collect information in connection with each transaction you engage in via the Services, including product details, purchase price, and other transaction details.
- Log Information: We collect log information in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information from the computer or device you use to access our Services, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We do not alter or change your experience, or otherwise respond to, “DNT” or “do not track” signals.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other sites that sell our products, from other users, such as individuals who send you a gift through our Services, and from social networks in accordance with their authorization procedures.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Just Skate Pads™™™ and others;
- Personalize our Services, including by providing advertisements, content or features we think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, gift cards, personalization, marketing, and advertising;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services (such as by posting comments and other content, or writing reviews), certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and also may be distributed on third-party sites. For example, your photos, videos, stories, posts, comments, product reviews, product questions and answers, wish lists, and any other content or information you choose to provide may be shared with users of our Services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- Between and among Just Skate Pads™ and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We use reasonable security measures designed to protect information about you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may also work with other websites or platforms (such as Facebook) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign. Please refer to the settings of those other websites or platforms for information about any choices they offer in connection with the delivery of interest-based ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Just Skate Pads™ is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update the online account information you provide to us by logging into your online account.
The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise or approximate location with Just Skate Pads™ or others.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer to disable cookies on Just Skate Pads™.com or other sites, you can adjust your browser settings to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from one of our Services by following the instructions in those emails or by changing the preferences through your online account with each Service. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, order and delivery confirmations, or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
We are sensitive to the issue of children’s privacy. Our Services are neither developed for, nor directed at, children under 13 years old.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please note that Just Skate Pads™ does not sell personal information to third parties.
Categories of Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: personal identifiers (such as name, postal address, IP address, email address, telephone number, account name, geolocation, or other similar identifiers) and commercial information (such as Internet browsing and electronic network activity, geolocation data, and inferences drawn about your preferences), and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see COLLECTION OF INFORMATION above.
Purpose of Collected Information
The purpose of the collected personal information is to provide, maintain, improve and enhance the services we offer. For specific examples of our purposes in using collected personal information, please see USE OF INFORMATION above.
Sharing of Information
For the categories of third parties we share information with, please see SHARING OF INFORMATION above. During the preceding 12 months, we have shared the following categories of information for business and commercial purposes: identifiers, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Right to Know or Delete Personal Information
You have the right to: 1) know the categories of and/or the specific pieces of your personal information collected, used, or shared by Just Skate Pads™ during the preceding 12 months; and 2) request the deletion of your non-exempt personal information collected in the preceding 12 months. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
You may make your verifiable request by submitting an online request. In order to match you in our system and verify your identity, we will contact you shortly after you submit your request for information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information regarding your Just Skate Pads™ account or a recent purchase. We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
In the event you request to know specific pieces of personal information collected, the CCPA requires additional verification of your identity along with your submittal of a signed declaration, under penalty of perjury, that you are the consumer whose information is the subject of your request.
We will strive to respond to your request within 45 days. In the event we need additional time to respond (up to 90 days), we will let you know the reasons why in writing.
Please note that the CCPA prohibits the disclosure of certain personal information such as account passwords and credit card account numbers. In addition, the CCPA also exempts from deletion several classes of information that we retain in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- Fulfill the terms of any product warranties or recalls;
- Provide a good or customer service you request or are reasonably anticipated to request;
- Protect against deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible;
- Enable solely internal, legal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us and are compatible with the context in which you provided the information;
- Comply with our legal obligations.